Sunday, August 29, 2010

Glenn Beck: I won't be running with Palin in 2012

The star of the big conservative rally of the week stopped by the press to deny any notion that he might be running for President with Alaskan glam-girl Sarah Palin in 2012.

"Not a chance. I don't know what Sarah's doing; I hope to be on vacation. I have no desire to be president of the United States, zero desire. I don't think that I would be electable, and there are far too many people who are far smarter than me to be president."

Beck caused controversy (he is a conservative commenter for Fox News) when he decided to hold the rally on the same day and in the same location as the one Martin Luther King held several decades ago - where he gave his stirring 'I Have a Dream' speech.

He is no stranger to such controversy, though. He once called Obama a racist, among other things.

"I don't want to retract—I want to amend. I think it's much more of a theological question. I didn't understand really his theological viewpoints come from Liberation Theology; that's what I think at the gut level I was sensing, and I miscast it as racism."
blog comments powered by Disqus