Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Daughter of candidate launches 'Do Not Vote for My Dad' campaign

It's fairly clear at this point that Jan Schill, the daughter of a judicial candidate in Oklahoma, is really quite frightened that her father might be elected and become a judge, and she's got the signs and website to prove it. I don't think he would have entertained the thought before the election that the biggest smear campaign launched at him would be from his own daughter.

The candidate, named John Mantooth, says that the relationship between him and his daughter stems from his divorce of her mother.

"This is a family issue which should have been kept private," he said Monday. "I'm very sad about this. I'm very disappointed. I'm hurt, but I love my daughter, and I want things to get better, and I hope they will."
blog comments powered by Disqus