Saturday, August 14, 2010

Obama: I'm not promoting the mosque, I'm just protecting the right to build it

Barack Obama has responded to criticism this morning that he was condoning terrorism and promoting the building of a mosque near New York's Ground Zero.

The President, having given his support for religious freedom clearly yesterday, sought to clarify his position on the matter, reports Politico.

“I was not commenting and I will not comment on the wisdom of making the decision to put a mosque there,” he told press. “I was commenting very specifically on the right people have that dates back to our founding. That's what our country is about. And I think it's very important as difficult as some of these issues are that we stay focused on who we are as a people and what our values are all about."
blog comments powered by Disqus